Halloween party ideas 2015

D4ScreenShot00561.bmp

When I was at PAX East this year, I was lucky enough to get to meet Swery65, developer of one of my favorite weird games, Deadly Premonition. He'd brought a demo of his Xbox One exclusive game, D4, with him. It was likely going to be my only chance to play it for a few years since I wasn't quite willing to drop $500 on a system to play one game, so I tried it. It captured five crazy minutes of combat and detective work, and it really put a smile on my face. Thing is, I was playing it on a PC. I figured it was just a PC build of the game meant for shows. Couldn't be what I thought it was. So I turned and asked Swery65 if it was coming to PC. All he did was smile and say "Maybe."

You sneaky dog, Swery65. D4 is coming to PC.

swery1.jpg

D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die) is a little bit point and click - a little bit quicktime event. David Young finds himself gifted with the ability to time travel after his wife is murdered, which is pretty handy if you want to turn those events around (except for the whole paradox thing). The thing is, those powers only work if he makes contact with certain items involved in important events, so there's no just whipping back and fixing that murder. Instead, David will have to find items involved in the murder, slowly following them back in time until he can fully stop the events that lead to his wife's death.

D4-04-png.png

While that might sound serious and dark, the same insanity that infuses Deadly Premonition is still here. Weirdos abound, and even in the short demo I played at PAX East, I had to fight a man in purple on a crashing airplane, and my main focus was knocking out his glass eye for some reason. It's a little silly, and a little insane, and now a lot more people are going to be able to play it judging from this interview he gave to Famitsu (being translated as we speak) and his confirmation on Twitter.

D4-11-png.png

For more information on D4 and Access Games, you can head to the developer's site or follow them on Facebook and Twitter. You can also follow Swery65 on Twitter.



from IndieGames.com http://ift.tt/1ECjHD7
via IndieGaming, visit and read the original first posting to get complete and more detail about this article, support the independence Gaming , Enjoy

Post a Comment

This blog needed you to understand the word spam - never spam on this blog, although i will not moderate all of it, but you will learn it yourself, educate yourself

Powered by Blogger.