Halloween party ideas 2015

ss_55bed41d5d671cee8b5564b770a69fe936a3c4aa.1920x1080.jpg

When it comes to independent games, we don't see all that many racing titles thrown into the mix. While there are a few that have met with decent success, it's definitely easy to save that racing is not one of the most popular genres for indie developers to tackle. Wreckfest is one of these few racing games. Developed by Bugbear Entertainment, who have worked on titles such as FlatOut and Ridge Racer Unbounded, it is a racing game with a heavy focus on destroying the cars of your opponents.

I must admit that I am not a novice when it comes to racing games. I've gotten my feet wet in many different racing titles over the years, with the Forza series being my favorite that I've played so far. As a fan of racing games, I was extremely interested to see how it could combine with the destruction mechanics and still make an enjoyable experience. Typically, I spend so much time in games perfecting my vehicle that I couldn't stand to see it destroyed, but with the in-depth destruction system of Wreckfest, I take more pleasure in doing as much damage to the vehicles of my opponents than I do in winning races.

As of right now, there are a few basic modes to play. My favorite is the elimination race, which removes the person in last place from the race every few seconds (this number can be set by the player, but it's usually anywhere from 10-30 seconds). Other than that, you have your basic circuit racing mode, where you race a set number of laps and the person in first is declared the victor. On top of the racing modes, there are also a couple of modes that focus purely on putting your opponents' cars out of commission. While I found this mode a bit less entertaining, it was also really fun to just go all out and crash your car head-on into your opponents. Something about causing mass amounts of damage to a car is extremely entertaining.

ss_b80e01cf109d14065593ed91a7715ca896d368fa.1920x1080.jpg

One of the most important aspects of any racing game is its controls. While some people prefer the more arcade-like racing controls of games such as Midnight Club, I've always been partial to controls that lean more towards the simulation side. Wreckfest allows you to turn off things such as traction control and stability control, but I still found it extremely easy to drive and had almost no trouble keeping control of my car at any point. For some, the ease of the controls may be a good thing, but I'd love to see them go into a bit more depth with the ability to customize your experience.

As of right now, you can choose between seven different cars, each with their own feel. I tend to lean more towards the European Coupes, which I find to handle much better than the hulking American muscle cars, but to each their own. The variety of cars is definitely nothing to write home about, but it's nice to have a bit of a choice. The ability to choose from a few preset paint jobs allows you to attempt to differentiate your car from others, but there are only a few options. I'd really love to see a customization system that allows you to create your own decals and paint your car any color you'd like, so hopefully that's something they'll add in a future update.

ss_a6bbdedc98524bfb9a33619cda9a909f29b93401.1920x1080.jpg

In terms of its track variety, there are 3 tracks to race on, which also allow you to run the circuit in reverse for a change of pace. There are also 3 arenas to host your own demolition derby in. All in all, there's a fair bit of variety, but as seems to be the pattern with Wreckfest, I'd definitely like to see more. I really enjoy the tracks that are available so far, and there are definitely plans to add more tracks as development progresses.

Currently, I'd say that even with its lack of variety, Wreckfest is still well worth a look if you're into racing games. There is nothing as satisfying as watching a car collapse under a heavy impact, and this makes for some really thrilling moments during the gameplay. The racing is a lot of fun, and can be quite challenging, and I've also found a good bit of fun in the game's demolition derby style mode, where you find yourself trying to do as much damage to other cars as possible while protecting your own. Wreckfest is a lot of fun to play, and if you grab it now, you'll also get access to the Sneak Peek 2.0, which is a sort of physics playground where you can be launched out of cannons, jump into giant hoops, and watch your car get tossed around by spinning hammers.

ss_287c80403339b7b97e5c5d82949d27cc91362c99.1920x1080.jpg

If you're interested in having a look at Wreckfest, you can find it now on Steam Early Access for $29.99 (Currently on a 40% off sale until August 3rd).



from IndieGames.com http://ift.tt/1IvQrQu
via IndieGaming, visit and read the original first posting to get complete and more detail about this article, support the independence Gaming , Enjoy

Post a Comment

This blog needed you to understand the word spam - never spam on this blog, although i will not moderate all of it, but you will learn it yourself, educate yourself

Powered by Blogger.