Halloween party ideas 2015

In recent years, hatred has become something of a staple in many countries. With many events furthering the hate, it is easy to lose hope in humanity.

Yet little pockets of love built upon the simple goal of being kind to others, exist.

Kind Words by Popcannibal is perhaps more interactive forum than game. It connects small pockets of kindness to the rest of the world by a courier named Ella the Female Mail Deer (sound familiar?). Anonymous kind words, be they of advice or consolation, are sent and received. Even the occasional person seeking recommendations!

It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking that the game is another over-the-top game about spreading positivity. One that espouses randomly giving strangers hugs or worse, socializing. I kid, mostly. What warms my heart to Kind Words is not insofar the whole message about positivity, but to create a dialogue with global citizens.

When I played the game myself, my inner empath had me going ahead to answer another person’s letter. Within minutes, they had sent a sticker back in appreciation of my words. Stickers are the only thing you can send in reply to someone’s kind words, or even in your own message to another. These stickers could be used to decorate one’s room. The stereo radio also allowed the player to change tracks as they eased themselves into the atmosphere of Kind Words.

Image showing a partial sticker sheet from the Kind Word game
When I sent my first problem into the world, replies came in swiftly, and each of them felt so genuine and warm. I felt as though its sender was whispering those very words into my ear. There was one in particular who told me that I was lucky to have someone that loved me despite my problems and that they wished me happiness.

Even if you’re not a natural empath, it is very easy to feel connected to anonymous strangers across the globe. Kind Words allows us to trade stories and experiences, knowing the human experience is universal. As E.M Forster, an English novelist once said, “Only connect! […] Live in fragments no longer.”

My father once said that, “You can’t live on fresh air and sunshine.” I say, “Kind words is much like fresh air, love, and sunshine – it keeps us alive, and it gives us reasons to live.”

Kind Words is available now on Steam

The post IGP’s Indie Stars of 2019: ‘Kind Words’ appeared first on Indie Games Plus.



from Indie Games Plus https://indiegamesplus.com/2019/12/igps-indie-stars-of-2019-kind-words
via IndieGaming, visit and read the original first posting to get complete and more detail about this article, support the independence Gaming , Enjoy

Post a Comment

This blog needed you to understand the word spam - never spam on this blog, although i will not moderate all of it, but you will learn it yourself, educate yourself

Powered by Blogger.